With the holidays fast approaching, it is time to think about what to give the man on your gift list. For those with a handy man or woman on their list, here are some great holiday gift ideas.
1. Emergency tire repair kit: Kits include all of the items you need to patch a tire. With one of these handy kits, there is no need to call for help. You can fix your own tire on the spot. Price range: $20 – $50.
2. Car care kits: Whether your gift recipient owns a collection of classic cars or just wants to keep his everyday ride shiny and clean, a car care kit is just the thing. They can be purchased in a variety of combinations for different types of washing, waxing and buffing. Price range: $20 – $300.
3. Auto accessories: For the guy or gal who really loves their car, consider purchasing custom plates or license plate holders, window deflectors, a trunk organizer, steering wheel covers, floor mats and more. Prices vary.
4. Roof racks (ski, bicycle, luggage): There are dozens of roof rack storage items on the market including the familiar ski, bicycle and luggage racks as well as roof storage, kayak racks and surfboard carriers. Prices vary.
5. Garage storage: In terms of garage storage, the possibilities are endless. Storage options include everything from hanging tool storage and portable tool boxes to storage racks, shelves and cabinets. The sky’s the limit and, of course, so are the prices so shop accordingly.
6. Specialty tools: Who doesn’t love a new toy? Check your favorite retailer or online store for a wide variety of specialty tools like a funnel system, digital torque wrench, electronic heat gun or socket set. There’s something to please everyone. Prices vary.
7. Global positioning system (GPS): They say that men don’t stop to ask directions. With a GPS, he doesn’t have to. A good GPS system will help him find his way no matter where he is. Portable, lightweight and handy. Prices: $200 to $800. Garmin is one of the more well-known brands.
8. Vehicle service packages (car wash, detailing, etc.): Give your guy the gift of time by purchasing him a package of car wash & waxes from your local car wash, or treat him to a full detail at his favorite body shop. Prices vary.
9. Vehicle battery tester: Test your own car or truck battery with a battery & system tester. Price: about $100 (Griot’s Garage)
10. Curb ramps: If your favorite guy or gal has roll-over curbs (you know the kind where your vehicle scrapes the driveway when you enter or exit?), give him a set of curb ramps to ease the transition from street to driveway and vice versa. Ideal for cars, trucks, vans, RVs, boats, golf carts and more. Price: about $300.
Many of these can be purchased at local automotive retailers (AutoZone, Napa, Schuck’s) large discount retailers (Wal-Mart, Target, Costco), and local detail and body shops. If you are hoping to save time and money, many of the above products can also be ordered online and shipped to you or directly to your recipient for gift-giving. Act quickly though. Each business will have its own holiday delivery cut-off dates. Happy Holidays and enjoy your creative gifts!
Copyright (c) 2008 by Bridjit Curb Ramps.